|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!
Project Manager - Position and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager - Oil & Gas (PM) with Middough, you will serve as a portfolio manager and be the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants of the project(s). The PM is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of a portfolio of projects (typically $1MM+ project fee), including project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget, and contractual requirements. The PM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the standard engineering and construction models including A/E, EPCM, or Design Build. As a PM, you will also provide leadership and organization to the project to instill confidence in the client regarding the project team's abilities. A PM also maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability, and safety situations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support business and relationship development activities.
- Ensuring that contracted work scope for the project is complete.
- Assist in preparation of project execution strategy and review progress as drawings and specifications are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Manage project financials, pricing, and cash flow.
- Monitor changes in scope/schedule and secure Change Authorizations, as required.
- Develop, review, and approve all project management documents including scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develop proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiate final contracts.
- Monitor project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develop innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercise cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project issues/problems and establish objectives and priorities in solving them; determine solutions and direct their implementation.
- Collaborate with internal groups on safety and contract/liability topics.
- Prepare periodic reports for the client to track cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Issue regular invoices for contracted work and services payment and follow up on past due invoices.
- Mentor and Train less experienced staff
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of project management experience in a consulting organization.
- 5+ years of managing a portfolio of projects >$1mm annual service revenue.
- Business development experience preferred.
- PE/PMP certification preferred.
- Experience managing complex Oil & Gas projects in a consulting environment. Understanding of Midstream processing facilities, Gathering and Compression systems, Oil Terminals, Metering, Loading / Unloading systems a plus.
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract risk/ liability situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with both clients and all internal levels around professionalism, trust, integrity, and collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning and completion.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Primavera, or similar project scheduling and management software
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within company offices.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share a passion for excellence and are dedicated to safety awareness, client satisfaction, quality service and professional development.
What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work authorization.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.