|Date Posted||June 30, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 84,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
Primary Field Health and Safety support for the Great Lakes District Operations team, which includes various pump stations, tank farms, LPG storage facilities, and pipeline right-of-ways in Michigan and Northwestern Ohio. This position will support the operations team in all aspects of developing effective loss control programs. The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for supporting operation employees to ensure health and safety compliance is met across their respective areas. The individual will need to travel within their territory on a frequent basis, and communicate effectively with various internal clients on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The essential job duties for this position are listed below:
* H&S Training - Ensure compliance with company and regulatory training requirements through classroom training or computer based training programs. Run reports to demonstrate compliance to area management.
* Regulatory Compliance - Conduct routine site visits to inspect compliance with company and regulatory health and safety regulations. Inspections consist of, but are not limited to: Lockout-Tagout, Work Permits, Facility Inspections, and Construction Site Inspections.
* Communication - Establish a firm communication system between operations and H&S by making themselves available and responsive to request from internal clients.
* Incident record keeping and Investigations - Assist with recording and investigating any H&S incidents.
* Emergency Response - Support pipeline and terminal emergencies on a moment's notice, while being prepared to work night shift.
* Industrial Hygiene - Schedule industrial hygiene sampling throughout the year to verify employee exposures are below the permissible exposure limits.
* Safety Culture Initiative - Actively support the company's safety culture initiative by being a leader in the safety field. Demonstrate consistent compliance and raise awareness to safety initiatives, while leading by example.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* Bachelor Degree in Safety or related field preferred, or high school diploma or GED with equivalent knowledge demonstrated by related work experience in Safety or related field.
* 6+ years of experience.
* Preferred BCSP or ABIH certifications.
* Strong communications skills (verbal and written), mastery of loss control principles, understand the Logistics business, and possess technical safety, health and environmental skills.
* Ability to design and present training programs.
* Proficiency in MS Office computer applications.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to act decisively under pressure and exercise excellent judgment.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Successful candidate must live within communicable distance of the Energy Transfer regional office in Taylor Michigan.
* Preferred: BCSP or ABIH certifications including 6+ years' of practical field experience.
* 6 - 10 years' overall field safety experience, highly preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
* Driving, walking, and standing frequently
* Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
* Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
* Occasional overnight travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the assigned position.