|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Senior Accountant - Wind Energy
Brookfield Renewable is looking for a Senior Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in an Accounting department. The selected candidate will be part of the Revenue, Billing and Collections Team. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of Brookfield's Business Services Group Finance Team and other internal stakeholders, allowing you to build strong networks within the organization.
We welcome dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
- Take ownership of assigned companies, acting as the main point of contact for those outside the department;
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
- Participate in the forecasting and budgeting process, and perform variance analysis on key accounts;
- Calculate, review, distribute and record revenue invoices related to multiple product types and contracts for Solar Energy, and assist in Wind and incentives
- Supervise and coach a team of Accountants, sharing knowledge and experience in order to improve the financial close process;
- Work to maintain a SOX compliant environment as directed
- Prepare and document analysis for complex accounting issues, present the findings and conclusions, including the implementation plan to the Accounting group, as well as impacted stakeholders;
- Review of journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close, prepare timely and accurate journal entries as required;
- Review and maintain monthly general ledger reconciliations to the sub-ledgers;
- Work directly with the audit team to provide quarterly and year-end audit support;
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of the financial close process, as well as improve the internal control environment;
- Support the Manager, Accounting in various ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizations skills;
- Ability to coach and mentor team members;
- Self-motivated, with a high level of initiative;
- Ability to "think outside the box", and embrace a dynamic, complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment;
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Able to work overtime hours during peak periods as required.
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS (US GAAP is an asset);
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls (specific SOX experience is considered an asset);
- Strong MS Excel skills (working knowledge of advanced Excel functions, such as vlookup and pivot tables);
- Comfortable with learning new ERP and accounting systems quickly.