|Date Posted||June 27, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Sargent & Lundy Consulting Group Overview
Sargent & Lundy's clients in the energy markets recognize us as a global leader in wind and solar power generation, plant design, advanced technologies, environmental compliance, owner's engineering, independent engineer, planning services, and advisory support.
We provide comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for energy markets worldwide. Sargent & Lundy's professional and highly experienced staff has the ability and know-how to take on the smallest of tasks to scope-intensive, complex projects. If you are interested in this type of dynamic work, consider joining the Sargent & Lundy team.
* As a member of Sargent & Lundy's Consulting group, you will utilize your academic background and professional experience to review, evaluate, and plan energy projects, focusing on federal, state, and local environmental regulatory and permitting requirements. You will be asked to use your knowledge of environmental regulations and engineering/technical principals to meet project team and client needs for defining, evaluating, and implementing environmental mitigation, compliance, and permitting studies.
* The position will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations as they apply to major wind, solar, battery storage, and other types of projects, and to work with multi-disciplined project teams to:
* Evaluate site-specific environmental impact studies to advise our clients on the suitability of a site for a proposed wind, solar, and battery storage projects, as well as other types of energy infrastructure
* Work with our consulting project teams to review and assess whether projects are designed and developed using criteria that recognize all appropriate and relevant environmental requirements
* Develop plans for our clients for obtaining permits and performing environmental studies, and interface with federal, state, and local permitting agencies
* Perform environmental and social due diligence reviews of energy projects, to support the financing of projects, for both domestic and international projects
* Prepare and review complex technical reports including site selection studies, environmental and social impact assessments, compliance audits, and regulatory reviews
* Review and implement federal, state, and local regulatory requirements as they apply to specific projects and develop strategies to implement cost-effective mitigation compliance plans
* You will have the opportunity to develop your environmental career via peer-learning and knowledge sharing with other engineers and environmental professionals and participating in Sargent & Lundy's System of Processes and our associated "Communities of Practice."
* The position offers the opportunity to travel to client offices and project site locations for project reviews. Some international travel may be required.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
* This position requires a BS in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field, MS considered a plus
* Five or more years of experience in environmental compliance, environmental impact assessment, and/or permitting for utility-scale renewable energy projects
* Familiarity with environmental laws and regulations that apply to large wind or solar projects, such as the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Threatened & Endangered Species Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
* Familiarity with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Land-Based Wind Energy Guidelines
* Environmental assessment/permitting experience, including specific experience in one or more of the following fields: environmental impact assessments; wind turbine siting studies; solar projects siting studies; wetlands permitting
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to interact and multitask with project team members, clients, and regulatory agencies
Valued but not required skills and experience:
* Proficiency in ArcGIS mapping and experience in developing interactive maps showing critical environmental resources such as wetlands, critical habitats, and other sensitive receptors; Certification or coursework in GIS is a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of the Equator Principals and the International Finance Corporation Performance Standards
* Experience with natural-gas and coal-fired (and other thermal) power plants
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.