|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
We are currently hiring for a collaborative and team-oriented Senior Manager, Technical Product Management!
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Technical Product Management to be part of the Value Added Services (VAS) Dispute Management Solutions Team. In this role, you will own the tactical end-to-end lifecycle of our products / solutions on the Engineering side. The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background with B2B SaaS products, including API design, and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and business teams across the organization.
VAS is focused on executing the Visa merchant strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships, and increasing total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Come join the largest payments technology network in the world!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing technical product managers and SCRUM masters, in addition to supporting and advancing team members in their career objectives
- Coaching, mentoring, and handling performance escalations of teams and individuals
- Helping define plans to achieve department goals and OKR's
- Representing the department in any discussions with internal or external clients as well as in management meetings
- Triaging / solving problems or removing obstacles proactively to help attain acceptable team metrics
- Working with developers and QA engineers to create high performance teams
- Partnering with the business product managers to create clear and precise requirements for the engineering teams to execute
- Utilizing Agile / Scrum techniques to deliver on projects assessing the burndown and velocity of teams contributing to our best coding practices and guide improvements to our development methodology
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar area of concentration; In lieu of degree will consider work experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, specifically hiring, managing, and mentoring at least 3 or more direct reports, including conducting performance reviews
- Experience in a development environment using micro-services, APIs and components to deliver solutions (Java tech stacks preferred)
- Ability to develop plans that meet or exceed department goals and OKR's
- Experience managing remote or outsourced team members
- Ability to define best practices and processes in a diverse application environment
- Successful track record utilizing Agile/Scrum techniques to deliver SaaS products preferably in a regulated PCI DSS environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and represent the department
- Effective leadership skills, specifically the proven ability to lead by example and a solution-oriented mentality
- Experience working with business counterparts to deliver technical solutions that meet business needs
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS products, including RESTful webservices and API design.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Competitive Base Salary, plus generous performance-based bonus
- Hybrid work environment (In office 2 days a week)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and much more
- 401k w/ 2:1 match (up to 10%)
- Paid Time Off (21 days) & Paid Holidays (12 days + 1 Floating)
- Generous Parental & Personal Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program & Long-Term Incentive Program
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company with 2 days Volunteer Time Off
- Paid parking and complimentary food (LA Only)
- Energized employment filled with activities and events
* Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law