|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company.
- Lead engagements on loss quantification and business valuation with regards to matrimonial disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, misrepresentations, construction disruption and delay, business interruption, oppression remedy, and expropriation
- Lead business valuation engagements for tax, general planning, and transaction advisory purposes; lead and assist with mandates regarding the sale of businesses
- Oversee and provide coaching to CBV's and CBV students on file engagements and provide general career coaching; assist in the ongoing training and development of professional staff for this service area
- Take part in discussions and meetings with the management of the companies involved and other BDO team members
- Analyze company and industry-specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with a view to determining the cash flow risks of the companies involved, overseeing the modeling used for the valuation and writing of detailed valuation and expert reports
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation completed, with a four or more years of public practice valuation experience preferred
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation preferred, but not required
- Matrimonial litigation experience, transaction experience and fair value financial reporting experience (PPAs, impairments, financial instruments) is preferred
- Technical accounting knowledge in IFRS, ASPE and US GAAP preferred
- Bilingual in English & French is required
- Business savvy, including general interest in the equity and debt markets, local and global economics, and general finance.