|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about offshore wind?
Are you interested in having a hand in shaping the direction of the fast-growing offshore industry?
DNV's Energy Transition Outlook predicts that we will exhaust the 1.5 degree carbon budget in 2028. How will you spend your next 7 years making a measurable impact on climate change mitigation?
DNV Energy Systems is seeking a Senior Project Manager for Offshore Wind to join our North America team. This person is responsible for growing business and managing strategic projects for DNV's Offshore Wind Advisory team. DNV is specifically seeking an enthusiastic influencer with a strong background in the offshore wind industry, who can develop and maintain strong customer relationships with senior-level executives, develop and deliver on new business opportunities, enjoys strategic planning and execution, and can manage the cross-disciplinary team that delivers offshore wind development services with a wide range of complexity.
This position has significant opportunities for leadership and autonomy in the day-to-day activities pertaining to large project management, thought leadership, Customer relationship development, service and technology innovation, and technical support for offshore wind energy developments in the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico. Opportunities abound for collaboration with DNV's global team of offshore wind experts.
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Head of the expanding North American Offshore Wind Team within the multi-disciplinary Project Development and Engineering Department. This group, part of DNV's Renewables and Power Grids service area contains nearly 100 scientists, engineers, and environmental professionals. The dynamic working environment will require a candidate who is easily adaptable, enthusiastic, and has the experience and technical skillset to be Customer-facing and develop opportunities that allow the broader department to deliver on a range of offshore wind services including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with great leadership, management, and communication skills; the ability to develop strong relationships with Customers to advise on their techno-economic challenges; and someone who enjoys optimizing business operations while taking risks resulting in growth orientation to best serve the North American offshore wind industry.
Why you should work with us?
Because within DNV's Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our Customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position will be located in our Medford, MA; New York, NY; Chalfont,PA; Arlington, VA office, and has the option to be remote from anywhere in the continental US ( Excluding Colorado)
What You'll Do:
This role will broadly focused on partnering with the Offshore Director to lead Offshore Wind business activities in North America by identifying opportunities in the local market, leveraging and nurturing current relationships and growing new relationships with key Customers. You will be tasked with providing key market intelligence to help close on new business and grow new business, to achieve business growth and profitability goals.
Specifically, you will execute on three major initiatives, each representing approximately one third of the expected annual engagement:
- Support Offshore Wind business development activities in North America by identifying opportunities in the local market, leveraging and nurturing current relationships and growing new relationships with key Customers, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs, to yield an estimated $1M-$2M order intake/annually.
- Lead the strategy, positioning, and authorship for multidisciplinary proposal efforts and RFP responses, which may require inputs from a variety of technical teams. The role will include influencing and collaborating with other relevant internal teams to provide Customers with new and innovative services to support the growing US market, including the Maritime Service Line, Marine Warranty Survey, Renewables Certification CVA team, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental and Permitting Services, Turbine Technology, Project Finance, and various other US-based and international teams
- Act as a collaborative Principal-level Project Manager for multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV's comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility phase through to decommissioning.
- Responsibility for multiple client interactions including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project deliverables. Specific technical services will include advisory services at earliest phases of lease area evaluation; market, partnering, and competitor analysis; RFP preparation; permit and study preparation; managing civil and electrical engineering teams; managing wind resource assessment and measurement campaigns; due diligence and project evaluations; etc.
- Communicate about DNV's services and thought leadership at industry events, conferences, and Customer meetings, as well as local and global internal R&D projects related to DNV's offshore wind business.
What is Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to offshore wind success, including engineering, business, policy, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the offshore infrastructure industry, or 5 years of experience in the onshore wind industry.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of offshore wind technology components, development lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision makers.
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the North American offshore wind energy industry.
- We are looking for a self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and have the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must!
- Excellent project management skills are required, and project management professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time, including domestic and international.
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
DNV offers exceptional benefits including health, vision and dental insurances, FSA/HSA, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, sick time, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, ID theft protection, consumers' discounts and rewards.
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring our whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement..... click apply for full job details