|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies on environmental issues and sustainable solutions? Does the idea of learning from top EHS professionals on local, national and global teams excite you? Are you eager to learn in a fast-paced environment, and work on interesting projects? Can you be the type of EHS professional who delivers more than the client expects? If your answers to these questions is yes, we encourage you to submit an application to join our team.
Our successful and rapidly growing ERM team is the largest dedicated team of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) professionals in the world. We are looking for focused and energetic professionals to help the worlds' most dynamic companies in the mining, tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors tackle some of their most important environmental and sustainability challenges.
We are hiring a Senior Safety Consultant in the Utah and Nevada areas to help our growing local and global clients address a wide array of environmental health and safety challenges in the following areas:
* Behavior Based Safety
* Mine safety
* Construction safety
* Risk Management
* Industrial Hygiene
* Permitting assistance
* Lead and attend safety meetings
* Develop or Improve Client EHS Program documents
* Support business development activities
* Mentor and train staff
* Helpful Skills:
* Electrical safety and NFPA 70E
* Hazardous Materials and Waste handling
* Laser Safety
* Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
* Machine Guarding
* Process Hazard Assessments
* Safety Process Improvement
* Help develop and implement innovative H&S programs and strategies in the areas of Injury Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP), hazard. communication/chemical management, occupational health programs, safety management systems, process safety and risk management, industrial hygiene assessments, and technical support.
* Identify and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Assist with collection, review, and analysis of field data to evaluate conditions, present information, and implement effective solutions.
* Support our clients desire to improve safety performance by providing training, field coaching, and targeted EHS assessments.
* Participate as an enthusiastic team member on various project teams and effectively complete assignments.
* Learn and grow as a safety professional through frequent internal and external training as well as exposure to interesting projects and advanced customer experiences.
* Spend time onsite with to help solve their most pressing H&S challenges.
* Assist the world's most innovative companies develop solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues and concerns.
* Develop an understanding of how your work affects our clients' business objectives and help them achieve these objectives.
* Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to exceed their expectations.
* Begin to build a network within and outside of ERM that will enable you to leverage and develop your skills and help solve challenging multi-disciplinary client challenges.
* Be an active team member on projects and maintain client's scope/budget/schedule expectations.
* Ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
* Build strong collaborative relationships with our clients and other ERM employees.
* Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Mathematics, or other science related degree preferred; or 8 years experience in lieu of degree.
* 8+ years relevant experience in health and safety with exposure to the mining, heavy industry technology, pharmaceutical/biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors preferred.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Ability to travel 25% - 50% to client sites.
* Ability to conduct work on client work sites under COVID-19 protocols.
* ASP, CHMM, CSP CMSP or similar certification/qualification highly desirable but not required.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal EHS regulations.
* Knowledge of data analysis software.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with guidance and direction.
* Strong work ethic with a passion to learn, grow, and thrive.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!