|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Senior Software Engineer (SSE)
Do you have ideas and the passion for technology? Do you want to be in a place where you can inspire and drive change? Do you want to be part of the HYLA's journey to make this planet a better and greener place? If the answer is yes, we are looking for people like you to come and join us and help solve complex engineering problems. We are rebuilding the engineering group to pivot from current architecture to a service's centric organization in the cloud. To go where we want to go, we are looking for solid, tech savvy Senior Software Engineer who can execute and take us to the next level. The solution we are looking to build will define the next generation reverse logistics and trade in platform.
HYLA Mobile, an Assurant Company, is a rapidly growing entity that provides carrier grade wireless device trade-in solutions to wireless carriers and retailers around the world. HYLA Mobile's goal is to transform the wireless ecosystem by providing an easy way for wireless carriers and retailers to reward customers through a comprehensive wireless device trade-in program.
- Operate in an agile development environment & deliver functionality to production every three weeks.
- Work with product team to translate functional requirements/ user stories into well-structured and maintainable code within the HYLA's design/architectural guidelines.
- Develop unit, integration test cases as well as adhere to development best practices to develop code with low tech debt, high code coverage, and lower complexity.
- Collaborate with QA and DevOps to ensure overall engineering output is of high standards.
- Be a technical evangelist and serve as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- Participate and provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives championed within the organization.
- Mentor junior team members
What we are looking for
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and take pride in the code they develop.
- Be a self-starter and takes initiative.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Java 8+; Kotlin is a +.
- REST API.
- Spring boot, Spring Framework, Hibernate.
- Angular JS or React JS or other UI frameworks.
- Is comfortable with Linux.
- SQL; RDBMS (Postgres is a + other DB is ok).
- Rabbit MQ | Redis | Elastic | AWS.
Also please show us your accomplishments outside of work (Git repo, articles, open-source contributions, Technical Blog, Presentation etc.