|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
DNV- Energy Systems is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our Measurements team. We specialize in installing, inspecting, servicing, and maintaining wind and solar meteorological stations and conducting power performance, acoustic, and loads measurements of industrial-scale wind turbines. We offer traditional and outside the box solutions to clients who want to measure the performance of their wind turbines according to IEC 61400-12-1.
This postion will be locate in our Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Oakland,CA; Medford, MA; Autin, TX ; or any of our other DNV locations.
- You are passionate about contributing to the global transition to renewable energy.
- You are enthusiastic to fill a cross-functional role as both a project manager and engineerYou are excited to both manage high-level project execution
- You are excited to perform technical analysis on meteorological and wind turbine data, including:
- Critical, objective, and in-depth analysis of time-series data.
- Working with signals coming from meteorological masts, lidar devices, and power measurement equipment
- Communicating technical and commercial topics with project stakeholders.
- You have outstanding communication skills and enjoy collaborating in person, teleconference, telephone, and by e-mail.
- You identify challenges and provide creative hardware, software, and logistical solutions.
- You thrive in dynamic environments and proactively plan for deadlines and anticipate hurdles.
- You never compromise on safety, quality, or integrity.
- You are eager to spend approximately 10% of your time traveling to various wind farms across North america.
Task May Inlcude
- Project management of power performance tests.
- Project management of meteorological station installations, including masts, lidars, and solar stations
- Test planning (including contract review, technical analysis, and documentation).
- Power measurement equipment design, procurement, and preparation.
- Data monitoring and analysis to international standards and internal best practices.
- Technical report writing, critical reviewing, and professional presentation to clients
- Inspection, verification, and commissioning of as-built measurement systems to designed plans.
- Climbing wind turbines and meteorological masts.
- Installation and calibration of measurement systems.
- Troubleshooting data acquisition systems and sensors.
- Business development through lead generation and proposal writing.
- Developing tools and processes to continuously improve quality and value of delivery.
- Normal office environment, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching. Occasional air travel to wind farms, other offices, and conferences (up to 20% annually, sometimes long distance).
- Occasional work outdoors in harsh conditions including, but not limited to, climbing stairs and ladders to ascend wind turbines or meteorological masts, traveling by car up to six hours, and walking on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and business needs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in construction management; aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering; atmospheric science; environmental science, or related field.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and solution-finding skills
- Three or more years of consulting, renewable energy, or project management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver license required and acceptable driving record meeting company requirements; ability to .
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- In depth knowledge of IEC 61400 -11, -12, -13 Standards
- Command of industrial wind turbine performance operation concepts
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Project management certification from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of Campbell Scientific data loggers and wind turbine SCADA systems.
- Ability to write, manipulate, and edit code, preferably in Python.
- Five or more years of consulting, renewable energy, or project management experience
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!