|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Job Summary / Purpose
With a vision to be the premier LNG exporter in North America, Golden Pass, a joint venture of QatarEnergy & ExxonMobil, is constructing an LNG export terminal on the Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas where it currently has an LNG import terminal. Golden Pass LNG's mission is to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world.
As part of its vision and mission and consistent with its transformation from an LNG import to an LNG export business, Golden Pass is undergoing rapid growth and is seeking a Senior Gas Trader
The Senior Trader will report to the Senior Director, Gas Supply and be responsible for execution of the approved gas supply strategy to provide feedstock to the Golden Pass LNG facility and optimization of physical natural gas assets. This position will coordinate daily, monthly and term procurement and optimization strategies.
Essential Duties / Functions
1. Execution of the defined gas supply strategy as it relates to the following:
- Execution of financial derivatives
- Ability to manage a portfolio of physical and financial assets
- Purchase and sales of physical natural gas
- Communication of physical positions, risk, and strategies to management team
- Optimization of physical gas assets including: transportation, term purchase and sale contracts, and storage assets on a daily basis.
- Creating incremental portfolio value based on proprietary opportunities in line with budgeted expectations
- Providing pricing support for structured transactions or new asset decisions
- Identifying and valuing transportation capacity opportunities
- Presenting optimization opportunities, market condition, and performance results to management team
2. Developing a strong understanding of technical and fundamental market information related to cash and seasonal commercial strategy
3. Working with credit, risk and fundamentals to ensure transactions are properly evaluated and analyzed, risk properly identified and transaction components properly priced
4. Supporting deal structuring or origination activities
5. Operating within defined credit and risk limits and ensuring internal control and assurance processes are followed
6. Ensuring timely and accurate trade capture
7. Growing and maintaining strong industry relationships
8. Representing the company at relevant industry events
9. Assist with the implementation of commercial systems including ETRM , processes and procedures to establish industry best practice and system, process and risk management capabilities
Minimum education required of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 10 or more years of experience in the natural gas markets with physical purchase and sales expertise
- Strong knowledge of the physical gas markets, related assets and infrastructure
- Considerable knowledge of natural gas transactions including purchase, sale, transportation, storage with exposure to other structured transactions
- Experience in cash and seasonal physical trading with some exposure to financial instruments including price and basis to support portfolio risk management
- The ability to make sound commercial decisions with limited oversight
- A successful P&L track record
- Excellent industry relationships and reputation
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Demonstrated history of making sound commercial decisions with limited oversight
- Strong financial modeling expertise
- Excellent presentation and soft skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Required job competencies of the position.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- Normal office environment
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."