|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Energy Systems is looking for an Senior Wind Turbine Blade Expert to join our Asset Operations and Maintenance team and will expand our capabilities serving wind turbine manufacturers, investors, lenders, owners, and operators, with particular emphasis on blades-their design, manufacture, and quality, including addressing issues that occur during manufacturing, transport, erection, operation, maintenance, repair, and recycling. You will work closely with customers and with other DNV engineers and project managers.
Why should you work with us?
Because within DNV, organizational culture and how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position will be located in our Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; or Houston, TX office, but other DNV Renewables Advisory markets in the United States will be considered.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to wind turbine technology assessments, review, report writing, and client communication as part of technical due diligence
- Remain current on new wind turbine technology, engaging with OEMs to understand latest technical details on new products and updates/revisions to existing products.
- Perform field and factory inspections of wind turbines and components as part of construction monitoring, operational project assessments, manufacturing quality inspections, and failure investigations (expected travel up to 15%)
- Prepare detailed reports, memos, technical notes, and email correspondence to communicate clearly and objectively to customers with accuracy and technical rigor.
- Review root cause analysis (RCA) investigations performed by OEMs or others, in order to assess RCA's completeness and provide evaluation of associated risks and mitigants.
- Actively participate in RCAs, including investigations into failures covering inspection, documentation of field conditions, causality mapping, and engineering calculations (as appropriate).
- Complete company required documentation in a timely manner such as Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, time sheets, expense reports, and inspection check sheets.
- Solicit and listen to customer issues and advise them on root causes, alternatives, timelines and costs for various solutions.
- Actively engage with customers and other stakeholders to assess and identify new opportunities for growth.
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline from accredited college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience focused on utility-scale wind turbine blades.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated achievements in wind power blade design, manufacturing, quality, and field operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - customers and colleagues.
- Flexibility and adaptability, as issues and tasks may change quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and software relevant to blade aerodynamic and/or structural design
What is Preferred
- Master's degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline from accredited college or university.
- Commercial attitude and a strategic mindset, with market knowledge and foresight.
- Strong network and ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Outstanding leadership with the ability to engage colleagues, collaborate across teams, and lead by way of example.
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position
DNV offers exceptional benefits including health, vision and dental insurances, FSA/HSA, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, sick time, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, ID theft protection, consumers' discounts and rewards.
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day.
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
Do you believe the performance of wind power plants is critical to decarbonize our economies?
Do you believe we can improve the performance of wind power through data, expertise, and sound advice? If so, this opportunity is for you.
DNV, one of the world's premiere energy consultancies, is looking for a Senior Wind Turbine Blade Expert to join our Renewables + Power Grids business. DNV provides a wide variety of services to help renewable and energy storage technology developers, users, investors, manufacturers, operators, and regulators better understand the capabilities and performance of their equipment. This position may be based in any of DNV's Renewables + Power Grids offices in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!