|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Solar & Storage Field Service Engineer
Ingeteam is a global market leader specializing in electrical engineering and the development of electrical equipment, motors, generators and frequency converters with presence in 9 countries worldwide.
Our North American headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin focuses on the renewable energy industry and produce Indar wind power generators, Ingeteam converters, and solar power inverters for the North American Market.
The Energy division's product line consists of Converters & Inverters for the Solar and Wind Power market.
Ingeteam is looking for a Solar & Storage Field Service Engineer. The Solar & Storage Field Service Engineer will provide technical services and customer support during commissioning and after sales for Ingeteam products (solar & storage inverters stations). Support will be provided over the phone or at the customer's site. Positively interacts with customers to drive satisfaction by solving technical problems. Acts as primary contact for technical questions and is the trusted company representative to solve and resolve technical service questions.
Will consider someone not in Milwaukee, but must be willing to travel to Milwaukee as needed.
- Travel to customer sites and perform commissioning activities, as needed. Travel will be on average, 25-75% of the time depending on the time of year.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact and technical knowledge in all customer interactions. Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Consults with and interacts with customers and site owners to ensure tasks are performed on time, efficiently and safely.
- Coordinate and manage project schedule with project/site manager and assign and oversee day-to-day tasks and assignments of team assigned to work on project.
- ·Oversee and manage other Ingeteam and subcontracted technicians during commissioning. Provide technical guidance to technicians assisting with project. Work with other Field Engineers, if necessary.
- Make the technical decisions on product changes if needed during commissioning, without getting authorization from management.
- Troubleshoot Ingeteam's products and systems with little or no support to achieve customers goals.
- Troubleshoot new equipment/features solutions provided by Ingeteam.
- Provide feedback to Engineering and R&D for Ingeteam product improvements.
- Upload new / latest FW.
- Use product knowledge of Ingeteam's different software interfaces to equipment, e.g., setting static IP address, to help diagnose and troubleshoot the problem.
- Complete commissioning reports and other documentation and provide them to management.
- Develop ideas to decrease costs and increase efficiency during commissioning activities.
- Inform the customer of any new features and/or product improvements on Ingeteam's products.
- Provide training to customer(s) during or after commissioning.
- Travel to customer sites and perform aftersales activities. Travel will be on average, 25-50% of the time depending on the time of year.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all technical aftersales questions for assigned projects.
- Respond to all incoming technical aftersales calls/emails related to Ingeteam product solutions.
- Work with customers to solve all product issues provided by Ingeteam for site assigned projects.
- Oversee and manage other Ingeteam and subcontracted technicians during aftersales support. Provide technical guidance to technicians and other team members assisting with project
- Resolve by phone, email, screenshare, remote desktop or travel to site to repair or replace damaged equipment.
- If needed, request assistance from management and corporate service support team.
- Make sure all documentation, pictures and other related files to an incident are properly stored in the Ingeteam server.
- Work with customers to ensure all failed equipment gets returned to Ingeteam.
- Monitor and analyze component/product failure rates and provide feedback to Engineering and R&D.
- Develop aftersales work instructions for Ingeteam internal use.
- Download inverter data and review past production and stop reasons. Discuss with customers if need be.
- Use technical knowledge to read / write to an inverter and equipment registers and to understand and analyze Modbus TCP, RTU and CAN communication protocols.
- Repair material returned from customer.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management, environmental, health and safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain technical expertise and competency level by attending trainings, staff meetings, and remaining up to speed on Ingeteam's products and services.
- Complete expense reports and submit to management.
· Must have at least 3 years' experience with electronics or power electronics.
· Experience with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting PV & storage systems preferred.
· Electrical knowledge/training required. Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures, and regulations.
· Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Understanding of UL1741 (and other articles), IEEE1547, and NEC codes that relate to PV installations preferred.
· Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to work with all types of customers and personalities and with different levels of expertise.
· Experience responding and resolving technical questions over the phone.
· Must be able and willing to work with colleagues and as a team. Must be able to work with little guidance and exercise judgement when organizing work priorities and determining next steps.
· Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills.
· Must be flexible, be able to adapt to new situations, have self-control, be self-motivated, have initiative and high integrity.
· Must be willing and able to travel both US and Canada in response to customer calls. Must be available to travel on short notice.
· Must be willing and able to travel internationally to headquarters in Spain for training.
· Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift 60 pounds, and able to work on feet for long periods of time.
· Bending, stooping, crawling, working in limited illuminated areas, working in dusty conditions are required.
· Ability to work in extreme environments, (e.g. hot sun, below freezing, snow, rain etc.)
· Must have advanced computer skills including familiarity with MS Office programs, PV monitoring systems.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Mechanical or equivalent. 3+ years relevant experience required, in lieu of degree.
- OSHA-10/30, NFPA 70E, First Aid/CPR, certificates preferred
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Holidays, Sick Time and Vacation Time
Full-time. 1st shift, Eligible for 3-10% performance-based bonus.