|Date Posted||July 22, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Provide high level technical support to Measurement Technicians, Measurement Managers, Measurement Supervisors, Measurement Analysts, Project Managers and Engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Measurement Technicians, Managers, Supervisors and Analysts to provide technical assistance and troubleshooting where required.
* Represent the Measurement department during project scope to perform technical review of measurement related projects and meter station designs / upgrades. Provide guidance on proper equipment placement and specifications in accordance with established industry practices and company standards.
* Lead meter station commissioning and start-up with regard to Measurement Department scope of work in a project including development of detailed commissioning checklist and start-up plan.
* Lead commissioning team in both home office and field, coordinate finial handover to field operations and provide assistance for start-up and performance / communication testing of facilities.
* Ensure natural gas measurement is conducted in accordance with the established AGA, API and company measurement standards as well as industry best practices.
* Conduct measurement station audits of company and 3rd party facilities as well as auditing of Measurement Technicians and Operations personnel to ensure consistent approach to measurement policies, practices, data collection and reporting across the entire field of operation.
* Develop and revise company Measurement Standards and Best Practices relative to natural gas measurement to keep them current with the latest industry practices and standards.
* Investigate and make recommendations toward the resolution of customer volumetric discrepancy claims.
* Develop and conduct training for measurement staff on natural gas measurement subject matter and equipment, to include both classroom and hands on training sessions.
* Monitor daily, weekly, monthly and yearly pipeline gains losses and discrepancies to ensure meeting of Measurement Department annual LAUF goals.
* Research, investigate and test new technologies that could provide improvement in measurement uncertainty, reduced maintenance and or cost savings.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* HS diploma or GED
* 6+ years of relevant job-related experience
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office software
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and knowledge of natural gas industry terminologies.
* Self-driven, highly organized, able to efficiently prioritize and execute tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of the company assets, employees and the general public.
* Handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities, well developed communications skills and demonstrated effectiveness coordinating with other departments and external customers.
* Working knowledge of current AGA and API Measurement Standards and recommended practices, calculations and guidelines.
* Read and interpret various construction and P&ID drawings as well as comprehend and apply information in operating and equipment manuals.
* Experience with installation, troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of RTU / Flow computers, chromatographs, H2O, H2S, Total Sulfur and O2 analyzers.
* Experience with installation, troubleshooting, configurations and maintenance of natural gas measuring devices including, orifice, ultrasonic, coriolis and positive displacement meters.
* Must be able to work cooperatively with a variety of personalities and skill levels and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and customers. Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Availability to travel throughout primary responsibility area as required in performing job duties. This position at times may also require travel outside the primary responsibility area to assist other Measurement Specialists and support projects.
* Ability to work on weekends and holidays if needed.
* Subject to 24/7 call out and possible extended hours.
* Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather and perform work in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Usually, normal office working conditions.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
* Frequent day travel and overnight travel away from home are required.
* Frequent visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.