|Date Posted||July 5, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Our client, one of the leading energy companies in the world, is seeking someone to lead the IT group for their energy trading division. In this role, you will create the technological vision that encapsulates the IT group's response to the company's energy trading business needs and priorities. You will also create the strategy, prioritizing critical factors for success across business units and work across divisional lines effectively by creating strong working relationships.
This position serves as the technology leader and realistically CIO and will identify technology and data opportunities for the business. Additionally, you will add value by optimizing portfolio prospects and measuring the success thereof while protecting value across investments.
The role involves portfolio risk management and ensuring adoption of and compliance to standards, both for IT and the business. You will be tasked with ensuring the team understands the vision and meets key objectives. You will have 10-15 direct reports and 100-150 indirect reports.
Candidates MUST be either a US citizen or permanent resident.
• Providing an integrated business and IT strategy
• Effective relationship building with stakeholders
• Risk mitigation, creating and protecting value
• Managing the technology portfolio while keeping an eye on emerging tech
• Business Intelligence
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
• Senior leadership experience plus successful history of managing a sizeable team
• Strong background in the power or gas trading business from an IT perspective
• Inspires others to build and demonstrate a commercial mindset.
• Customer-focused in approach to finding new ways to leverage technology, able to deliver a compelling case for the business benefit for various technology investments, displays thought leadership from internal and external sources
• Is able to foster agreements between IT and the business