|Location||Shawnee Mission, Kansas|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
**Requisition ID:** 148399
**Job Level:** Senior Level
**Home District/Group:** Kiewit Power Constructors District
**Department:** Construction Operations
**Employment Type:** Full Time
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for job site management and oversee the administrative and technical aspects of our wind construction projects.
Kiewit's mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we are building hospitals to support the community, boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
Kiewit Power Constructors (KPC) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Generation utilizing a union craft force. Kiewit Power Constructors builds major EPC power plant projects throughout North America.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit's culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination, and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules, and budgets.
• Serve as project representative with the client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project reviews, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all project scope, budget, and/or schedule changes.
• Maintain ongoing communication with the client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and mid-level engineers to promote employee development.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• 10+ years' experience in all aspects of managing wind construction projects with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
• Undergraduate degree in construction engineering, construction management or a related degree or comparable work experience.
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization/time management skills
_We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off._
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._