|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Burns & McDonnell's regional office in Houston, TX is seeking a Staff Chemical Engineer to apply technical expertise on engineering, procurement, and construction projects of processing facilities throughout the refining, midstream, chemicals, and renewables market sectors. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous cities across the United States.
This position will allow you to the opportunity for direct client and end-user interaction while engaging your technical design experience and entrepreneurial spirit at an industry-leading firm voted a "Top Place to Work" in Houston, TX.
The Staff Chemical Engineer will work on an integrated design team within our Oil, Gas & Chemical division to perform the following duties:
- Perform process design calculations and develop deliverables such as hydraulic calculations, equipment sizing, process simulations, Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Perform chemical engineering design activities on projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex features.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- 3 years of chemical engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion of FE exam preferred.
- Strong knowledge of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience in process simulation software (i.e. HYSYS and/or Aspen Plus, HTRI) is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.