|Location||Bayonne, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||July 15, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of petroleum products between barges, ships, and facilities including completion of bills of lading and gauge reports.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Monitor product level in tanks, operate diesel engines, operate cargo pumps, operate tank/pipeline valves, operate manual and hydraulic booms.
* Communicate with foreign crews and oil facility personnel.
* Adjust and secure barge lines.
* Complete loading and discharge gauge reports. Inspect vessel for Coast Guard and state regulatory compliance.
* Use of Air purifying respirator, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), air monitoring equipment, hearing protection, VHF radio, hand tools, tow lines, high level alarms and thermometer.
* Operates diesel engines, cargo pumps, hydraulic booms, cargo gear, gate valves, and butterfly valves.
* Check oil and water in any equipment on board before putting in use.
* General barge maintenance and cleanliness.
* Hydrostatic testing of cargo hoses and piping.
* Change engine oil and filters.
* Splice barge lines and boom running gear.
* Knowledge of company safety practices.
* Previous experience as a tank barge PIC on oil barges required.
* A valid Coast Guard Merchant Mariners Document with PIC endorsement.
* A valid first aid/CPR certificate.
* Valid TWIC.
* Complete HAZWOPER training within 30 days of hire.
* Must have physical ability to maneuver cargo hoses, handle barge lines and board vessels by use of an Accommodation ladder, Jacob's ladder or tugboat.
* Knowledge of Coast Guard and state requirements for transfer operations.
* Must possess good communication skills by voice and/or visual hand signals.
* Ability to complete accurate paperwork. Knowledge of basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
* Ability to think and respond quickly to emergency situations (oil spills, mechanical failures, etc.).
* Participate in onboard drills with tug crews when job permits.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and without direct supervision.
* Ability to maintain professional relations with customers.
* Valid state driver's license.
* Must be able to perform the functions set forth in the attached job analysis and possess the stamina to work long hours.
* Must be able to read, speak, and understand English over telephone and/or radio.
Job Condition and Environment
* Exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, heat, wind, heavy seas, etc.)
* Must not be afraid of heights.
* Shared responsibility for galley chores, services and meals along with all crew members aboard.
Expected Hours of Work
* Ability to adapt to a variety of schedules and hours.
* Able to work weekends, holidays, and at night. Willing to take call outs.
Centerline Logistics currently has companies operating across three US coasts in every major Jones Act marketplace providing world-class safe and efficient transportation. In an industry where the unexpected can arise at every turn, Centerline is committed to leading the charge by continually providing exceptional customer service, lowering its environmental impact and deepening its stewardship in the communities it serves.
Centerline Logistics offers competitive benefit and compensation packages. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Drug Free Work place. Pre-employment drug testing is required.