|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, Downdetector, and many other connectivity tools, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Our Ookla Wind product specializes in RF Engineering Services and real-time network testing solution. Wind is a M2M connected device platform that allows for real-time communication and control. We are looking to add to our team of Technical Product Support Specialists. This person will be responsible for providing technical software and/or hardware assistance, problem resolution, guidance, and training to end-users (customers and other internal staff). In this role you would be working with the development team to support this revolutionary technology that is changing the way telecommunication companies like Verizon and others like them test and monitor their networks, making changes in real-time.
Expectations for Success
- Product subject matter expert. Stays current on product information, changes, and updates that have been released or are currently in pre-release testing
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
- Answering phones and responding to email within agreed SLA's for questions and support requests received by end-users (customers and other internal staff)
- Gather customer's information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms. Troubleshoot and resolve issues/tickets based on information gathered, escalating to development as appropriate. Document resolution in tracking system and update in knowledge base, if not otherwise recorded
- Accurately process and record transactions using a computer and designated tracking software (ticketing system)
- Communicating incident impact through our standard notification processes and within our time-bound SLA's
- Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction
- Follow up with customers, when necessary
- Work with the product on Android mobile devices, including firmware, rooting, terminal command, etc.
- Assist with and support the development of processes and procedures within the department
- Coordinate with product development software engineers/developers regarding design, development, support, and maintenance problems and solutions
- Work with product development on design, testing, and implementation. Translates customer needs and enhancement requests for new features or services
- Supports product testing as requested
- Work with appropriate staff on the marketing materials and strategies as requested
- Maintaining an understanding of the market, product category (including competing products), and competitive position of competitors and/or competing products (including substitutes). Keeping informed on product enhancements introduced by major competitors and as necessary propose counter-responses. Monitor trends in the marketplace to ensure product competitiveness
- Regularly takes time and attends regular formal or informal training to maintain and upgrade knowledge, skill, and performance levels
- Adheres to safety guidelines and requirements
- Other duties as needed and as directed
- Minimum of 5+ years in the Telecommunications industry, in a Technical Customer Support/Call Center environment, preferred or applicable Bachelor's degree (Telecom, EE, etc)
- Technical product support experience preferred
- Experience working on Android devices (smartphones, pads, and tablets).
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks when requested
- Interact with customers in a way that gives them the confidence that their issue will be resolved immediately
- Ability to identify and understand issues/problems as it relates to products and services
- Effective communication and listening skills
People come first at Ookla. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package includes pension matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.
This role must be onsite in our Aurora CO office
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the salary compensation for this role when being hired into our office in Colorado. The salary range for this role is $52k to $60k