|Location||Carlsbad, New Mexico|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Pipeline Technician independently performs various duties associated with gathering systems, transmission lines and related equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Conduct and perform line pressure maintenance and hydrate removal (pigging, balling, drip removal).
* Spotting lines for one-calls, etc.
* Conducting line surveys and leak detection monitoring.
* Coordinating system shut-downs (for new connects or line repairs).
* Perform lock-out/tag-out and other safety tasks.
* Starting and stopping compressors/pumps.
* Monitoring equipment and checking levels.
* Recording operating equipment data and performing minor maintenance (replacing valves, fittings, etc.)
* Operating amine and de-hy units.
* Troubleshooting abnormal operations.
* Coordinating and monitoring activities of contractor personnel assigned to area.
* Maintaining pipeline right-of-ways.
* Testing, troubleshooting and maintaining both electronic and mechanical measurement recorders and related equipment.
* Operating, inspecting and maintaining high pressure pipelines, valves, regulators and related instrumentation in compliance with DOT, TRRC, TCEQ, and OSHA, etc. regulations.
* Managing storage and transfer of pipeline liquids.
* Monitor and inspect pipeline encroachments.
* Employee will act as a company representative and interact with property owners, other pipeline company representatives and local public representatives.
* Identify emergency situations and initiate emergency response procedures.
* Complete and maintain required reports and logs.
* Monitor and adjust, as required or needed, equipment to maintain optimum availability and efficiency.
* Order parts and supplies as needed or required.
* Assist maintenance and other work groups as needed or required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
* Advanced degree or technical training preferred.
* Minimum 2-3 years operating experience in natural gas gathering and pipeline (gas and/or liquid) operations.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Able to read maps, prints, drawings and technical manuals.
* Able to prepare technical reports.
* Possess basic computer skills and be proficient in MS Office applications.
* Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Ability to interface effectively with customers, regulatory agencies, vendors, suppliers, company contacts and other pipeline operators.
* Ability to prioritize and respond to multiple requests from several sources.
* Ability to work with or without direct supervision and alone or as part of a team.
* Proficiency with and ability to utilize and operate hand, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must live or relocate within 1 hour of reporting time