|Date Posted||July 9, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Pipeline Technician independently performs various duties associated with gathering systems, transmission lines and related equipment including but not limited to the following:
* Possess and demonstrate a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
* Conduct and perform line pressure maintenance and hydrate removal (pigging, balling, drip removal).
* Spotting lines for one-calls, etc.
* Conducting line surveys and leak detection monitoring.
* Coordinating system shut-downs (for new connects or line repairs).
* Perform lock-out/tag-out and other safety tasks.
* Starting and stopping compressors/pumps.
* Monitoring equipment and checking levels.
* Testing gas quality (H2S, CO2, H2O, O2, etc) and maintain gas analyzers
* Operate, maintain and minor repairs of composite and spot sampling equipment
* Recording operating equipment data and performing minor maintenance (replacing valves, fittings, etc.)
* Troubleshooting abnormal operations.
* Coordinating and monitoring activities of contractor personnel assigned to area.
* Maintaining pipeline rights-of-way.
* Testing, troubleshooting and maintaining both electronic and mechanical measurement recorders and related equipment.
* Operating, inspecting and maintaining high pressure pipelines, valves, regulators and related instrumentation in compliance with DOT, TRRC, TCEQ, and OSHA, etc. regulations.
* Managing storage and transfer of pipeline liquids.
* Monitor and inspect pipeline encroachments.
* Employee will act as a company representative and interact with property owners, other pipeline company representatives and local public representatives.
* Identify emergency situations and initiate emergency response procedures.
* Complete and maintain required reports and logs.
* Monitor and adjust, as required or needed, equipment to maintain optimum availability and efficiency.
* Order parts and supplies as needed or required.
* Assist maintenance and other work groups as needed or required.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
* High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
* Advanced degree or technical training preferred.
* Minimum 2-3 year's operating experience in natural gas gathering and pipeline (gas and/or liquid) operations.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Able to read maps, prints, drawings and technical manuals.
* Able to prepare technical reports.
* Possess basic computer skills and proficient in MS Office applications.
* Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Ability to interface effectively with customers, regulatory agencies, vendors, suppliers, company contacts and other pipeline operators.
* Ability to prioritize and respond to multiple requests from several sources.
* Ability to work with or without direct supervision and alone or as part of a team.
* Proficiency with and ability to utilize and operate hand, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
* Must possess valid driver's license.
* Willing to work overtime and handle call-outs.
* Live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.
* Candidate will be subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements.
* Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
* Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
* Able to use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
* Able to climb and work at various heights, and work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely react to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
* May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
* Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
* Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
* Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.