|Date Posted||July 8, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Provides direction and accountability for all event services providers within the operational area of the University of Alabama Athletics and other special events. Regularly visits with clients to ensure adequate Supervisory and staffing and compliance with all client requirements. Must be available to attend any meetings as arranged by the client(s). Assesses skills of staff and works with the Business Services department to ensure proper staff assignments.
Essential Functions of the job are denoted by an asterisk (*). Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure, and/or geographic location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. The incumbent:
- *Develop post orders and best practices for each assigned position
- *Understand all Andy Frain Services policies, and procedures. Administer as needed
- Intervenes when necessary, in resolving personnel problems and guides counseling of Supervisors and Staff involving the Alabama Athletics and other special events.
- *Works closely with the Event Management and the Business Services Department to ensure the efficient, effective, and compliant operations of all Accounts within the Operational Area of the Athletics Department and Special Events.
- *Proactively identifies risks to employees and company assets (buildings, equipment, etc.). Plays a central role in ensuring a safe, healthy, and secure workplace.
- *Must be prepared to act as the Business Services Manager as needed in their absence.
- *Responsible for orientation and guiding staff in strengthening competencies and meeting client needs.
- Build Staffing requirements in ETime before pre-established deadlines.
- *Staff all available staff need when building positions
- *Working all Stadium events and assisting other local venues during dark periods on the calendar.
- *Post -Event Submit event evaluation, billing, and payroll for next day processing
- *Will be an effective member of and lead project teams.
- *Acts as a readily available resource to the client(s), Staff, and Supervisors in the area of operations.
- *Meets regularly with client(s) to proactively address security, guest experience, emergency, and safety matters.
- *Submits equipment and supply written requests to Regional Manager, 30 days before needed equipment
- *Responds promptly to all email and verbal communications.
- *Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- Works in conjunction with other management to ensure staffing is distributed equally among sites.
- Support other departments or offsite locations as assigned by the Director.
In accordance with applicable Andy Frain Services policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises while working at the Stadium(s)/Arena:
- Security Supervisors
- Security Officers
- Head Ushers
- Usher Supervisors
- Ticket Taker Supervisors
- Ticket Takers
- And others as assigned
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers. Manual dexterity is required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
Travels as required to meet operational needs.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted, and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
· Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree preferred or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of progressively responsible security and/or guest services experience including supervision (or equivalent experience) required; 8 years preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of security operations, workplace health and safety issues.
· Evidence of ability to work autonomously using sound judgment reflecting strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to obtain FEMA Certification in 100b, 200b, 700a, 800b, 901 and also IAVM Training Crowd Manager.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Computer skills required.
· Superior planning, organization and leadership/supervisory skills.
· Strong customer and quality orientation.
· Prior training experience preferred.
· Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to facilitate progressive change.