|Date Posted||June 30, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Our Utility Locators are responsible, self-motivated individuals, who are comfortable working independently.
We will train the right individual who is committed to safety, pays close attention to detail, and takes pride in completing a job well done. Your daily responsibilities include responding to requests from customers and business representatives, locating and marking underground utility lines, and documenting your findings.
PAY: $18.71 per hour (Determined by Current Collective Bargaining Agreement)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Dubuque, Iowa
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Drive company vehicle to job sites in response to routine ticket requests, emergencies, and relocates. Operate company vehicle in a safe manner and maintain a professional appearance.
* Act as the liaison, effectively communicating with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
* Interpret job order tickets, email requests, phone calls, blueprints and maps to efficiently route and perform duties.
* Utilize the provided utility maps/prints and other location information, along with locating equipment, to locate underground gas and/or electric utility lines.
* Identify utility locations through the utilization of paint, flags, matchsticks, and communicate relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities.
* Provide accurate documentation and/or sketches related to all locates completed. Use computer or other devices to document and close out job orders.
* Performs gas meter turn-offs at customer's premises according to Company policies and procedures
* Reads gas meters at customer's premises using existing technology. Verifies identification numbers and records readings to assure accurate billing and records are maintained.
* Perform all work in a timely, professional, and efficient manner. Escalate investigation or higher-level issues to Manager.
* Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
* Assist gas crews on installation of gas mains and other gas operations
* Six (6) months customer service (examples include: call center, restaurants, retail) experience is required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Valid State driver's license, including a DMV record that is deemed acceptable by the company.
* Able to self-manage and communicate with supervisors and clients in a timely manner.
* Strong attention to detail and commitment to working safely.
* Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Strong planning and organizational skills are essential.
* Use consistent good judgment and think creatively to solve problems.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in a field job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental descriptions: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Employee frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Employee may occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job related equipment and tools. Employee routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work environment: Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise level. Worker may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height or close quarters (i.e. crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles of passageways). Willing to travel up to 50% (e.g. 2 weeks or 10 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job and the employee must have proper licensing to operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.