|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for a rewarding position with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and detail oriented person to join us as a Utility Worker.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
The Utility Worker primarily works in the outside dock area of the AmeriGas facility. The employee is responsible for unloading empty propane cylinders from the truck(s), carrying them inside the dock area to the refill station, and refilling the cylinders. The filled cylinders are then moved back to the dock and reloaded onto the truck(s) for the next day's delivery. Other duties may include cylinder repair and maintenance, providing customer training on dispensing propane, and handling refills for walk-in customers.
This employee may also fill in for a Delivery Rep on an as-needed basis and therefore must meet all DOT requirements to drive AmeriGas vehicles.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least 21 years old with a valid Commercial Driver's License. Hazmat and tanker endorsements are preferred. Note: Hazmat and tanker endorsements will be required to perform the job and if not held already, must be obtained soon after hire and prior to driving an AmeriGas vehicle.
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.