|Date Posted||March 31, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute cloud technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for you!
We're looking for a Spring/Summer Interns (approximately: April September) to join the Core OS development team of Wind River's flagship VxWorks Operating System. This candidate will focus on Wind River Studio a cloud-based environment for build and validation pipelines used for kernel related features. Candidates may also contribute to VxWorks kernel features. This is a 40-hour per week paid internship. Qualified candidates must be an enrolled student or recent college graduate looking to gain work experience.
What you will have an opportunity to work on:
The main responsibilities of this position will be to contribute to the development, maintenance, enhancement of features and tests related to the kernel technologies and Wind River Cloud solutions. The position will work with a variety of target platforms (PowerPC, Intel, ARM) on physical targets and simulators. You will be working closely with a talented group of OS, kernel, and architecture experts.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher majoring in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Completing 3 years of study as of April 2021 or higher
- Knowledge of Operating Systems or taken courses in Operating Systems is a plus
- Cloud development using Docker / Jenkins / Kubernetes
- Practical experience with at least the C language
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Assembly language is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, shell scripts etc. is also a plus
- provided by Dice