|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Plant Technician I
Location: Twin Buttes II Wind Farm - Gamesa Wind Turbine Platform - Lamar, CO
Avangrid Renewables is seeking to fill a Wind Plant Tech I or Wind Plant Tech II opening. (The company will determine Tech level based on experience and education).
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
Purpose "Why Work as a Plant Technician at Avangrid Renewables"
The renewable energy technician is one of the fastest growing jobs in the country. According to the U.S. News & World Report rankings, plant technicians are the in best maintenance and repair job as well as one of the best jobs that do not require a college degree.
As a Plant Technician you will be provided the opportunity to utilize your skills and increase your professional knowledge of wind turbine and solar equipment. A typical day would include working 5x8hr or 4x10hr days and a call-out rotation schedule for off-work hours and weekend emergencies. You will perform scheduled maintenances and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults. The work is exciting, and you should be comfortable working at heights and, at times, in tight spaces or adverse weather conditions.
Responsibilities "More About You"
- Must be willing to work in a positive, team focused environment.
- Participate in ongoing training and development programs as related to turbine or solar equipment.
- Must be able to safely ascend a wind turbine to perform maintenances and repairs.
- Actively respond to unplanned power plant outages.
- Be able to routinely perform lifting, carrying, and hauling of tooling and equipment in physically demanding environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to other sites on short notice with 10% - 15% travel required.
- Basic computer skills would be preferred for day-to-day data entry requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma, and related work experience is not required, but strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Benefits "What You'll Receive"
- Competitive wages and compensation
- Annual bonus opportunities
- 401k matching at 150% of your contribution (up to 8%)
- College and certification reimbursement program
- Paid vacation with scheduled increases Starting at 160hrs per year
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Premiums Paid for Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Employee wellness programs
- Internal training and advancement programs
- Uniform and clothing allowance and reimbursement
"Who We Are"
Avangrid Renewables vision is to be a destination where talented and committed people want to build long-term careers. We strive to build and sustain a diverse workforce with a rich mix of differences, inclusive workplaces where each of us feel valued and connected. Avangrid Renewables is a leading developer, owner and operator of onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar generation facilities in the United States. The company owns and operates 7.5 gigawatts of renewable generation capacity with a presence in 22 states. If you're ready to make an impact in the world of renewable energy, we'd love for you to join us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts, or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.