|Date Posted||July 24, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Workover Rig Derrick hand, performs and maintains service on oil wells as part of a 3-5 person crew of a workover rig. Works closely with various field personnel as a team. Maintains and implements all parts of a rig, demonstrating knowledge of all aspects and equipment on site.
- Performs all well servicing tasks from an elevated position (rod basket or tubing board)
- Assists in rigging up or down
- Picks up or laying down tubing
- Works the floors or operating the rig when necessary
- Operates a Company vehicle
- Complete time sheets and work tickets accurately
- Perform physical labor which may require heavy lifting (50lbs +),bending, stooping, pushing and pulling, etc.
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Derrickhand experience
- Basic oilfield well servicing experience
- Basic problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to perform duties in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate, both oral and written - Excellent customer service
- Ability to bend, stoop and lift objects of up to 75 pounds for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
2+ years Derrick hand experience
2+ years related oilfield experience
Complete our employment application and upload your resume to the Careers page of our website at or go directly to our jobs page at .
Contango Oil & Gas Company offers competitive salary, cash bonus and stock incentive bonus plans. The Company also offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision plans, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan contribution matching with 100% immediate vesting, paid vacation and sick time, and much more.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Contango Oil & Gas Company regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas for this position.
Contango Oil & Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, or pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Contango's online application as a result of your disability. Please email or call to request reasonable accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro